Welcome to RA Cores Home Page.
Check out our "What's New" page to find out about recent changes and additions
Check out our Show Schedule to see where we will be next
This site is mirrored on TheWorld.com
and our own domain, racores.com.
May 20, 2013
We are back from a wonderful Joe Nall event and are processing the orders placed while we were away.
September 29, 2012
Mini Gremlin, Gremlin and GremTwin kits are back in stock. We still don't have our glider products available.
Thank you for your patience - Jim
Click image for more information on each product.
||Episode 147 of
TheCrashCast contained an impromptu segment on the Gremlin. One of my customers
in Australia wrote in and it turns out the host, Mike "Crash" Hancock, is a long time Gremlin pilot and they took
a trip down memory lane. Now Crash is going to do a segment on the Mini in March 2012 and hold a contest to give
away a kit at the end of the month. He plans on flying a couple of the Minis in the full contact combat sessions
at SEFF 2012. In
Episode 152 I was interviewed and we
rambled on and covered how I got started in the hobby, where the Gremlin came from and what RA Cores has been up to
these last 20 years and where we seem to be headed. Be sure to check out his March podcasts with the build log of
his Minis and for how to qualify for the Mini Gremlin kit giveaway.
Episode 147 An edited copy of the impromptu Gremlin lovefest -
Episode 152 An edited copy of the full interview/history -
RA Cores Products
- R/C Combat Gremlins
- December 2012 was the 20th anniversary of the Gremlin Construction article in R/C Modeler
- The Original R/C Combat Gremlin kit.
The Original R/C Combat Gremlin YouTube video playlist.
- Our Speed 400 sized Mini Gremlin kit.
The Mini Gremlin YouTube video playlist.
We offer a Mini Completer set including the motor, servos and ESC used in the Mini videos.
- Our 48" GremTwin kit as seen in the
December 2011 Flying Models and at the 2011 NEAT Fair.
The GremTwin YouTube video playlist.
- We now offer Graphics for your Gremlins.
- A page that lists Hobby Shops that stock our kits
- EPP and Depron Flat Foamie Series
- Our EPP and Depron Yak55 kits.
The 9mm EPP Yak55 YouTube video playlist.
The 6mm EPP Lightweight Yak55 YouTube video playlist.
The 6mm Depron Yak55 YouTube video playlist.
- Now Shipping, our 34"
EPP Spitfire kit. (RCGroups discussion thread).
The EPP Spitfire YouTube video playlist.
- Coming soon, our kit of Leadfeather's 3D Delta from RCGroups
- Now offering multiple Flat Foamie Series Completer set options including the motor, servos and ESC.
- We have put our instructions up on the web
so people can click on the images and see a full sized color image.
- A helpful Gremlin repair hints page
- How to cover your Gremlin with 2" colored packing tape
- A helpful Gremlin construction document
with pictures by David Beach, a long time competitor
- Indoor accessories are now available for our EPP foamy friends.
- Offering UHU por EPP glue, Beacon Foam-Tac EPP and Depron glue, and Blenderm
hinge tape for building our Flat Foamie Series designs
- Plans for the Gremlin Stand shown
in the pictures. (plans included in the full sized kit instructions)
- Plans for the Sliding Tray used with non-mixing radios.
- Download a Real Flight Gremlin model created by David Beach
- Gremlin Clothing and hats are now available via CafePress
- Pictures and Videos
- Be sure to check out our product playlists linked in the product sections above.
- A page of customer supplied Gremlin images
- A demonstration video of John Glezellis flying one of our 32"
EPP Yak55 kits
- A demonstration video of Jessie Russell comparing our 32"
EPP vs Depron Yak55 kits
- A video showing how to launch a Gremlin
(taken from a contest video), You can also see launches in each video listed above.
- Contest Rules and Info
- The contest rules we use (updated to include plain bearing .28 engines)
- A PDF file of the forms typically used for a Gremlin Contest.
- And the current NERCCA combat contest calendar.
(click a past date for the report and pictures)
- Gentle Lady and Spirit 2 meter wing upgrades
- Quickee 500 cores
For non-US orders please email us at the
address below for us to PayPal invoice you with the actual shipping costs. Thank you.
We use a highly accurate, templatefree, computerized cutter using standard coordinates
including the results from the Princeton windtunnel tests being done by Dr. Selig and the UIUC Applied Aerodynamics Group.
We have published a couple of articles in R/C Soaring Digest
on being a first time contest CD
as well as an article on Low
cost foam wing cores.
We provide an email discussion group for R/C Combat online and list
and subscription information on it can be obtained by sending email to
with the word INFO in the body (NOT the subject) of the message. This group
is not restricted to Gremlin
combat although the initial membership is mostly Gremlin
flyers. Building and flying questions are answered here as well as combat techniques.
We also publish an electronic newsletter
for the New England R/C Combat Association (NERCCA) which is
in our online archive as well as
a current NERCCA contest
The counter says you're visitor
since April 9th, 1996
Creation date: Monday March 6, 1995
Last updated: Monday May 20, 2013
For more information send email to RA Cores