Continuing in this thread, I offer the following 12 symptoms of inner peace.
1. Tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fear
based on past experience.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. Loss of interest in judging self.
4. Loss of interest in judging other people.
5. Loss of interest in conflict.
6. Loss of interest in interpreting actions of others.
7. Loss of ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
8. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9. Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the heart.
11. Increasing susceptibility to love extended from others as well as
the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
12. Increasing tendency to let things happen rather than to make them
David E. Birren Phone: (608)267-2442
Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources Fax: (608)267-3579
Bureau of Management & Budget E-mail: email@example.com
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be
to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
(from T. S. Eliot's "Little Gidding")
BIRRED@dnr.state.wi.us (Dave Birren, MB-5, 608-267-2442)
Learning-org -- An Internet Dialog on Learning Organizations For info: <firstname.lastname@example.org> -or- <http://world.std.com/~lo/>