Teamwork Ground Rules
* We participate as fully and as openly as possible, while honoring the
privacy of others
* We give feedback directly and openly in a timely fashion, and we provide
information that is specific and focuses on the task and process and not on
* We use our time wisely, starting on time, returning from breaks and
ending our meetings promptly.
* We come to our meetings prepared with information and materials that are
required for the meeting.
* When fellow members miss a meeting we share the responsibility for
bringing them up to date.
* We focus on our goals
* We avoid sidetracking, personality conflicts and hidden agendas.
* We acknowledge problems and deal with them.
* Within our group, we have the resources we need to solve any problem
that arises. This means that we all contribute.
* We respect different ideas. We are supportive, not judgmental
* We are each responsible for what we get from this team experience.
* We ask for what we need from our facilitator and the other group members.
* We encourage others to share ideas in small and large group sessions
* The feelings of all participants are important
* We focus on what the team will gain, the strengths we have, rather than
what individuals fear they will lose.
* We respect that everyone brings something of value, talent, skill,
resources, understanding, etc., for a more effective, efficient
* We operate all meetings with an agenda
* Everyone is expected to help facilitate the meeting and keep it on track
* Job titles are left at the door.
* We address the process not the individual
* We communicate effectively. One person talks at a time and all others
listen with the commitment to understand the speaker's message.
* We rotate responsibilities
* All action items are clearly defined, assigned and scheduled to a
specific Owner to complete and report back to the group. No hanging
* We do not accept the first idea, we go for the second and even a third
before making a decision.
* We build each other up and encourage one another.
* We summarize the meeting and get agreement on the action items and Owners
* We set the agenda for the next meeting before breaking up.
* We have fun.
* We are open to new ideas, change and the unknown, that's the definition
of an adventure.
* We show willingness and comfort in making decisions and acting
* We act to benefit the whole company
* We are all involved in cross-functional work
* We show willingness to pitch in and help
* We take problems directly to the right person for decisions and action
* We Coach, support and encourage other employees in making effective
decisions and taking actions
* We seek and share new information
* We create an environment to actively learn from each other
* We are willing to admit failures, We have the courage to review them and
the maturity to learn from them.
* We transfer learning into effective action for our customers
-- Jeffrey C. Petkevicius Author: The Unchained Worker - Principles of Ownership in the Workplace ISBN: 0964520435
Cybernetix Inc. Teamwork, Ownership and Empowerment Coaching in the Workplace. 6619 North Cedar Road, Suite #101 Spokane, WA 99208 USA
email: Coach-P@on-ramp.ior.com HOME PAGE: http://www.ior.com/~jeffp Voice: (509) 325-2249 (800) 517-4268 FAX: (509) 467-9573