NOW ACCEPTING CONTRIBUTIONS !
1. Anyone can submit their own work (Disk or item) to the Cheap Tricks Ware Listings and become a CTW Author (you);
2. Disks will be sold for a set cost depending on category: "Regular" disks will sell for $5 per disk; disks qualifying for "Prime" status (will save somebody a ton of work) or "Blockbuster" status (a great macro, for example) will be sold for $10 or $15 per disk respectively. (You may suggest its category, but the decision of the Cheap Tricks Editorial Board -- namely me, Evan Shu is final.) See separate guidelines for Mega disk category.
3. You will receive a royalty credit of $2.50 per disk (or $5 for "Prime", and $10 for "Blockbuster") sold on the CTW Disk Exchange network. This royalty will be paid on a semi-annual basis (Sept & Mar.), with a list of all purchasers of your disks provided upon your request. You may opt for reimbursement in credits for Cheap Tricks annual subscriptions, advertising space, Cheap Tricks Ware dollars, or in cash. For cash royalties, you must provide Social Security No., Tax ID No., or confirmation of incorporation. All cash royalites shall be reported to IRS and to you in annual 1099 statements. Disks submitted for royalties MUST be completely your own work. Each item shall be submitted on 3 1/2" diskette or via Internet submittal to <email@example.com>. Each item must be clearly labeled & identified with authorís name and address. Each item must include a "readme" file explaining how it is to be loaded and used, and how to get in touch with the author if there are any problems (i.e. address and phone.) Self-sufficient disks/items (e.g. A: drive accessible templates, no installation required or install batch file included) are encouraged but not required. Disks not conforming to these guidelines may be rejected for use. You must also be willing to provide any telephone support required for purchasers of your disk.
4. Someone elseís Freeware or Shareware that you donate will be much appreciated but you will not be due any royalties for any sales. We will abide by the authorís stated restrictions for any Freeware or Shareware.
5. Each Donated Disk/Item should be accompanied by the signed release form provided below, but any disk donated to Shu Associates Inc. for Cheap Tricks Ware shall constitute consent to the terms of the release and to the Guidelines stated herein, whether or not a signed release is provided, unless the contributor states in writing otherwise.
6. For Mega Disk submissions, please contact Shu Associates for separate guidelines & to preview/approve submission.
7. Shu Associates reserves the right to distribute any portion of your disk as a sample for promotional & marketing purposes for the benefit of the overall CTW Network. Shu Associates also reserves the right to make volume discounts of Cheap Tricks Ware available, or to package groups of items together for set prices and to adjust royalty amounts as it sees fit.
8. Either Shu Associates or you, the CTW Author, may withdraw the your disk from the CTW Listing at any time for any reason.
IF DONATING A DISK, PLEASE SIGN THE FOLLOWING RELEASE: I am donating the enclosed disk(s), to which I certify that I hold all rights of origination & authorship. I grant Cheap Tricks (& Shu Associates Inc.) the right to distribute it (them) as they have stated in their currently published Cheap Tricks Ware Guidelines. Copies of these disks will be provided to members of the CTW Disk Exchange Network AS IS, without warranty, expressed or otherwise, including but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose. All parties involved in the CTW Disk Exchange agree to limit Cheap Tricks Ware's and Shu Associates' liablity in claims for any alleged damages incurred to either replacement of ordered disk(s) in question or to reimbursement of purchase price. SIGNATURE ___________________________________________ DATE:___________________________________ DISK TITLE: ___________________________________________________________________________________ Please give a description of your disk in twenty five words or less: NAME_________________________________________________ SOC. SEC. # or TAX ID #:_______________(unless incorporated, COMPANY______________________________________________ PHONE: ( )__________________________ please note if so) ADDRESS______________________________________________ FAX: ( )___________________________ E-MAIL:________________________________ CITY ________________________________STATE____________ZIP: __________________________________ Please return to SHU ASSOCIATES INC. 120 Trenton St., Melrose, MA 02176-3714; (617)662-0020 Telephone & Fax;
120 Trenton St.
Melrose, MA 02176-3714
(781)662-0020 Tel & Fax
You can E-mail us by clicking here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2001, Shu Associates Inc.
Revised -- 1/1/2001