Don Davis and BAE Systems Applied Intelligence US Corp
Resolve Their Lawsuit with HR Training on Caregiving Issues
Joint Statement from Donald Davis and BAE Systems Applied Intelligence U.S. Corp Regarding the Resolution of Litigation:
In 2016, Donald Davis sued BAE Applied Intelligence U.S. Corp ("Applied Intelligence"), claiming he was discriminated against as a caregiver for his disabled wife. Applied Intelligence disputed and defended against these claims.
Today, Donald Davis and Applied Intelligence issue the following statements regarding the lawsuit filed by Mr. Davis. Neither party will make any further comment on the litigation or its resolution:
Statements attributable to Donald Davis and Applied Intelligence:
- Mr. Davis and Applied Intelligence have resolved their differences and have reached a resolution to the issues, dismissing the lawsuit.
- As part of their resolution, the parties have agreed that Applied Intelligence will provide additional training to its human resources professionals, including on issues of caregiving and other family responsibilities.
The remaining terms of the parties' resolution are confidential.
Statements attributable to Donald Davis:
- I sued because I felt I was discriminated against for being a caregiver, but I believe that Applied Intelligence wants to further a fair work environment for employees who have caregiving responsibilities.
- Applied Intelligence's new training program will help build a best-possible work environment for employees who are caregivers in their families, and especially for men who choose non-traditional family roles. I hope this new training will also break down stereotypes.
- I'm grateful that Applied Intelligence has taken my allegations seriously and has worked with me to resolve the case. The resolution we have agreed to will mean that the employees of Applied Intelligence will receive additional resources on issues of caregiving and family responsibilities.
- Applied Intelligence worked honorably with me to resolve the case and has shown a demonstrable commitment to making internal changes. I believe Applied Intelligence is committed to protecting its employees who have caregiving and other family responsibilities. I am proud to have played a part in this progress.
Statements attributable to Applied Intelligence:
- Applied Intelligence remains dedicated to ensuring a welcoming work environment for all of its employees, including those with caregiving and other family responsibilities. In further support of its efforts, the company is proud to provide additional training resources to its human resources professionals on these issues.
- Applied Intelligence contested Mr. Davis' claims throughout the litigation and has not admitted to any legal violations or other wrongdoing. However, we are happy to put our differences behind us and appreciate Mr. Davis' professionalism in working to resolve the parties differences.
- Applied Intelligence is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities or any other treatment during employment.