The Wisdom of the Ancients
My collection of fortune cookie sayings. You see i really like
Chinese food, so i always get a bunch of fortunes, so i thought
i would waste your time by putting these here for you to read.
- A girlfriend is a bottle of wine; a wife is a wine bottle.
- A lifetime of happiness lies ahead of you.
- A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance.
- A person's character is his destiny.
- A wise son makes a glad father.
- Although it feels like a roller coaster now, life will calm down.
- An hour with friends is worth more than ten with strangers.
- Answer just what your heart prompts you.
- Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
- By listening, one will learn thruths. By hearing, one will only learn half-truths.
- Discontent is the first step in the progress of man.
- Do not mistake temptation for opportunity
- Don't be persuaded by other's malintent.
- Don't behave with cold manners.
- Everyone has ambitions.
- Failure is the mother of success
- Flattery will go far tonight.
- Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent persperation.
- Getting together with old friends brings new adventures.
- Good Luck bestows upon you. You will get what your heart desires.
- Home is where your heart is.
- Ideas are like your children. Your's are always the best.
- If you are still hungry have another fotune cookie!
- Ignorance never settles a question
- Keep true to the dreams of your youth.
- Meeting adversity well is the source of your strength.
- No need to worry! You will always have everything that you need.
- Nothing in the world is accomplished without passion.
- Now is the time to try something new.
- One must kiss a few frogs before Prince Charming comes along.
- Pardon is the choicest flower of victory.
- Pass the bill to the person of your left.
- Passionate new romance appears in your life when you least expect it.
- Patience is the key to joy.
- The road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page.
- Time is the wisest counsellor.
- To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose, the next best.
- What is the distance between the eyes and the soul?
- What you desire is always possible. It will come to you.
- You are a source of wisdom and strenght to many people.
- You are kind and broad-minded.
- You are known to be quick in action and decisive.
- You are open-minded and quick to make new friends.
- You constantly struggle for self improvement.
- You enthusiasm towards work will soon pay off.
- You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.
- You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.
- You have an unusually magnetic personality.
- You never hesitate to tackle difficult problems.
- You will always be surrounded by true friends.
- You will never be last in line, you will always excel!
- You will never hesitate to tackle the most difficult problems.
- You will share great news with all the people you love.
- You will travel far and wide, both pleasure and business.
- Youe[sic] winsome smile will be your sure protection.
- Your ability is appreciated.
- Your blessing is no more than being safe and sound for the whole lifetime
- Your character can be described as natural and unrestrained.
- Your cheerful outlook is one of your assets.
- Your emotional nature is strong and sensitive.
- Your exmple will inspire others.
- Your kindness is surely to be repaid.
- Your love life will be happy and harmonious
- Your secret desire to completely change your life will manifest.
- Your skills will accomplish what the force of many cannot.
- Your winsome smile will be your sure protection
- A good laugh and a good cry both cleanse the mind.
Here is a saying that must be added here, but it is from
Bablyon 5, not a
- You cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are
finite. Zathras is finite. This... is the wrong tool. [rummaging] No,
not good. Not good. No, never use this.
- Zathras, "War Without End (part II)"
This page maintained by Mark Simpson
who can be reached via email. Please read my disclaimer.
$Id: wisdom.html,v 1.2 2004/06/27 03:22:20 damned Exp $