Background: Fuchida leads a raid on Trincomalee, using 100 aircraft against
the 16 Hurricane IIBs of No. 261 sqdn and 5 Fulmars. The interceptors and strong
AAA were of little deterent value. The interceptors were roughly handled. However,
there were not many military targets for the Japanese to hit - HMS Hermes and
its escorts had left earlier, steaming away to the south (where they had been
passed by the attack force; more on that later...).
Map: Blue Sky
||12x A6M2 Zero Fighters
3x D3A2 Val dive bomber
6x B5N2 Kate attack bombers
Fleet Air Arm
||7x Hurricane IIB (Trop)
2x Fulmar II
- Set the Zeros up at heading north Alt. 6.0, Speed 7.0, wings level, in a
shallow dive in hexes 1015, 1016, 1115, 1118, 1119, 1218, 1314, 1315, 1415.
- Set the Albacores up heading SE at Alt. 2.0, Speed 4.0, wings level, in
level flight in hexes 3006, 3008, 3010, 3012, 3209, 3211, 3412, 3613
Game Length: 20 turns
Special Rule: The British player scores the VP value for each
Albacore that escapes without its bombload and twice the VP value for any
ALbacre that escapes with its bombload.
- The Albacores are loaded with 1 torpedo.
- The Albacores are organized as two flights of four. Consider each flight as
Reg, Reg, Reg, Green.
- The Zeros are organized as three vics.
Back to the Ceylon Campaign
Got a comment? Complaint? Correction? Want to add something?
Tell me about it!